In the world of search engine optimization (SEO), there are many ways to improve your blog posts. There are things you can do to make your content more reader-friendly, such as adding relevant links and keywords, but there are also some other options that will help get your blog post ranked higher in Google. In this article, I’ll go over some of my favorite SEO strategies for improving your blog posts.
Create content that is reader-friendly to search engines.
When you’re writing your blog post, it’s important to make sure that the content is reader-friendly to search engines. This means:
- Using keywords in your title (but not overusing them)
- Focusing on creating engaging content that people will actually want to read, instead of stuffing paragraphs with as many keywords as possible
- Using keywords in your subheadings and body copy (but not overusing them)
- Adding meta descriptions and tags that accurately describe what each post is about
Get people to link back to your blog posts through various strategies.
The best way to get people to link back to your blog posts is by using a variety of strategies. It can be difficult to get links from other websites, so make sure you’re not just linking back to your own site. You want people to find your content useful and informative, so try sharing it on social media and getting others involved in its promotion.
If you write guest posts on other blogs, make sure that they include links back to your own blog; this is an easy way for readers who enjoy the content you’ve shared with them through guest posting on another site to find more information about what else you’ve written.
In addition, creating infographics is another great strategy because they are visually appealing and easy-to-read illustrations that help readers understand complex ideas quickly (and often also include links).
Find keywords and phrases your audience searches for when looking for content like yours
Finding keywords and phrases that your audience searches for when looking for content like yours is one of the most important things to do when writing your blog post.
Google’s keyword planner is a great tool to help you find these keywords, but there are also other tools available, such as Ahrefs, Moz or Semrush.
Write high quality content that has a lot of relevant information.
- Use the right keywords.
- Make sure you’re using keywords that are relevant to your content and that others are searching for. If you’re writing about SEO, for example, make sure your title includes the phrase “search engine optimization.” You can use an SEO tool like Google Keyword Planner or Keywords Everywhere to find these keyword ideas (or just search Google manually). Then place them in your title tag and throughout the body of text as well.
- Use a good structure. When writing blog posts, it’s important to have a consistent structure so readers know what they can expect when they click on your link from a search engine result page (SERP). Your post should cover at least one main topic with supporting points and evidence throughout the text—this makes it easier for readers who may skim through or skip around while reading online content because most people don’t want all of their information presented at once!
- Write high quality content that has a lot of relevant information. The content of your blog post should be relevant to the topic and have a lot of information that will help readers. Don’t just write one or two sentences with a link to another site, use paragraphs and lists to support your points. This will make your content more engaging and easier for readers to understand.
Add relevant links within your blog posts to other parts of your website or other websites.
Adding relevant links within your blog posts to other parts of your website or other websites will help users navigate through the post and find more content they are interested in. This can be done by adding links to internal resources, external resources, or both.
For example, if you’re talking about Google Analytics and how to use it on your site—add a link at the end of that section that points back to an earlier section where you explain what Google Analytics is and how it can help improve their website’s traffic performance.
Look at how popular and well-ranked similar posts are, then create your post better than those.
- Look at how popular and well-ranked similar posts are, then create your post better than those.
- Look at the top posts in your niche for the last year, the last month and the last week (or even today). How do they compare? Which ones have more links? Which ones have more social shares? Which ones had a higher click-through rate (CTR)? If a post has a great CTR but very few backlinks or shares, that’s a sign that it’s not as good as you think it is—even if it does rank on page 1 of Google.
When you’re writing your next blog post, make sure to think about how you can improve its SEO. There are many strategies that you can use to do this and it is important to remember what works for other posts may not work for yours. But don’t worry! We have provided some great tips on how to create an SEO-friendly blog post above so make sure that when creating your own content marketing strategy or even just reviewing current ones